Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pricing for Home Staging Services

Hi Barbara,

I’m just getting started on the home staging end of my services. I have a $125 initial consultation with the checklist from your Rearrange It book and then I’ve priced the staging as $350 depending on the size of the home. I will also provide a list of vendors for services that I don’t do i.e. cleaning, painting, etc. However, as far as my service, I will be de-cluttering, de-personalizing and removing unnecessary furniture and accessories to open up the home. My question is what do I do with the items I remove, should I make sure the client has boxes ready before I arrive? Also, I don’t want to get roped into packing up their whole house and do not want to be responsible for the packing in case something breaks and it would be very time-consuming.

I’ve just ordered your new Home Staging book and I’m sure a lot of my questions will be answered, but I’m talking to realtors this week and they want to know more about my service so I’m mentally going through the process of staging a home. Also, should I put a time limit on the fee such as 4-5 hours? Since I’m not sure yet how long it will take me, I could be there for days. And should I give a written estimate or just tell them during the consultation what I would do?

Thanks so much for your help.

Sharyn




For my answer to this question, please visit:

http://www.decorate-redecorate.com/staged-homes.html