Friday, March 31, 2006

Home Staging Planting of Flowers

QUESTION

I am slowly working my way through your book and enjoying it very much.
I do have a question about one thing that I read. You stated that on one
job the redesigner planted flowers in front of the house and was able to
take them home after the house sold and use them again. Perhaps I
misunderstood but wouldn't flowers planted in the ground be part of the
home that the person was buying? If I bought that house I would
certainly expect the "landscaping" to come with it. I would be a bit
ticked off to find that the flowers that had helped make the house so
appealing were gone when I moved in. I would love to hear from you on
this and how this particular issue worked out. Many thanks.



ANSWER

You would always inform the home owner to specify in the fact sheets provided a buyer which items would not be staying. Then there are no surprises. I personally wouldn't plant them in the ground, but I make use of above the soil pottery so it is obviously an "accessory" belonging to the home owner and not part of the sale.