Monday, May 01, 2006

Fee for Home Staging Services

One of the questions I am most often asked is, "How do I price my services?"

I deal with this subject quite extensively in my tutorial, "Home Staging for Profit", so I'm only going to discuss it briefly here.

What it boils down to, like anything else, is the art of pricing your services so they are affordable and competitive for the market and where you live. That will be different for everyone.

What do you feel your time is worth?
Do you have significant competition in your area?
What do they charge?
Will you just being doing consultations or the actual work?
At what point would you begin to regret doing a project?
What is the selling price of the home?

These are all questions you'll have to ask yourself and assign value to. That is the tricky part. You'll have to test your price, knowing you'll not get every project you strive for. Over time you'll sort it all out.