Saturday, April 08, 2006

Building Future Income in Home Staging

If your business doesn't have highly predictable, strategic and long term revenue-generating procedures in place - procedures that will assure you of continuous flow of sales that will keep flowing to you in the future - then you don't have a business at all.

What you have instead is a "promotion".

There is a big difference.

This is a subject that I address in my book "Advanced Redesign", but it applies to home staging as well. For now, however, you need to think about how you're going to formulate some recurring streams of income, minor or major profit centers that will sustain you long term and expand your cash flow.

This is what will assure your business will have a thriving tomorrow.

When I started my business I had one softcover book and one ebook. Nine books later and a host of tools of the trade later I have a business that will survive in the future and one I can pass on to my children.

Where will your business be in 5 years? 10 years? 25 years?

Plan for the future, not just for tomorrow.