Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Winning at Home Staging #3

Have you ever heard the saying, "You get what you pay for?"

Most of the time, when I think of this saying, I'm thinking about buying something or I'm regretting having bought something. Often it is linked to the prospect of purchasing something of quality or something cheap.

Most times in life, you do get what you pay for. So if it's cheap, it probably has low quality.

But the phrase also refers to getting out of life what you're willing to pay for. What do I mean? Well, you've probably also heard the saying, "You've got to pay your dues."

In business, one usually has to invest a good deal of time, energy and money to eventually turn a profit. One has to "pay one's dues". It takes time to learn your craft, gain expertise, become confident and so forth.

What are you willing to "pay" for your success? I've personally worked very hard all of my life to get where I am today. It doesn't happen overnight. All too often people start businesses with unrealistic expectations of what and when they will succeed.

Work diligently. Be patient. You will get "what you pay for" - eventually.