Sunday, September 03, 2006

When Is One Successful?

I'm trying to lose some weight and bring down my chloresterol, but when shopping yesterday I couldn't help it. I had to have some Panda Express orange glaze chicken and fried rice.

But I was a good girl and didn't eat all of it at one sitting. I brought half of it home, along with the two fortune cookies. I know, I know. But I paid for them and wasn't going to leave them behind.

Tonight I ate them both so I could read my little fortunes.

One of them said, "You have a strong potential for success." The other one read, "Success will be yours."

I thought to myself, "You're too late. I'm already successful."

So why is it that we want someone else to validate us or tell us we're going to have a great future? Do you possibly think there is a fortune cookie out there that tells people they are going to "fail" or that their future holds nothing but failure?

Of course not.

If you feel good about who you are and what you have accomplished, you are successful, even if no one else thinks so.

Don't let anyone rob you of your own feelings of self worth. When you feel good about who you are, and you have a plan of action, no one can stop you.