Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bouncing Back from Financial Disaster

Yesterday I received a call from a delightful gal going through a hard time because of a huge financial setback caused by her husband, A State beauty queen, she had enjoyed a beautiful home, acclaim, fame and fortune. Now it was virtually all gone.

She took a high priced staging seminar and was very disappointed. Then she found my course and was upset that she didn't know about it before.

But what she needed more than anything was encouragement. And that's what I could provide her. You see, I've been there; done that.

Years ago I made some foolish decisions about starting a wicker store, right in the early eighties when there was a huge recession. Furniture stores were going out of business right and left. I ignored all the business warnings and plunged ahead.

I not only lost my store, I found myself in huge debt, pregnant with no health insurance. I went into total depression, fearful that I would also lose my home.

But you know, when you go through times like this, if you try to see it as an opportunity, you can use the experience positively. Let it propel you to move forward, because forward is the only direction open to you.

Many people start things and quit right away. They can't conquer their fears and don't want to work hard to achieve their goals. But when your back is against the wall, you have no other options. So you just go and do it!!!

If you find yourself in a difficult time financially, count your blessings. If you have your health, you have everything you need to turn the situation around.

I came out of my depression, regained new goals, learned from my mistakes and have gone on to become wildly successful. You can too.